When water enters your home through a burst pipe, an appliance failure or flooding, it can cause massive damages. The longer the water is allowed to sit in your home, the more it will destroy. This is why it is imperative you call for water extraction in Edmond, OK as soon as possible. The extraction team should be able to begin work within two to three hours of your call, so the water can be safely removed. If you have water enter your home, this information will allow you to know what to expect from the mitigation and drying process.
1. First, the water restoration team will need full access to your home, so the source of the water can be found and eliminated. The water flow will need to be stopped, so it is not allowed to continue to damage your home.
2. In many cases, the technicians will need to remove your carpeting, so as much of the water can be pumped out as possible. A professional carpet cleaner may be able to clean your carpets and save them from being ruined.
3. Your baseboards will also be removed, so the technicians can check inside your walls for water and moisture. If these are not treated, damage could continue and mold and mildew could begin to grow within your walls.
4. During the process of cleanup, air flow will be increased through drying fans. This speeds up the drying process and helps to impede mold and mildew growth. The team will work to ensure your home is completely dry before treatment continues.
5. All of the surfaces in your home will be treated with antimicrobial treatment. This kills any mold and mildew and prevents them from growing further. This helps to ensure your home will be completely clean of spores.
6. If your water damage was caused by flooding, your sewer or a drainage problem, your homeowner’s insurance many cover it. The water extraction in Edmond, OK may also be covered. Make sure you ask your agent.
If water has entered your home, contact the Flood Masters. You can visit their website at OKCEmergencyWaterRemovalService.com and learn about the many services they can offer you, to clear your home of the water and the damage.
Be the first to like.