The number one cause of TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) is vehicle accidents although it can just as easily be from a blow to the head as a result of negligence on the part of another person. In the event you believe your brain has been injured it is extremely important that you hire a Chicago brain injury lawyer to explain your rights and the options available to you should it be considered prudent to pursue legal action against the person or entity that was at fault.
What elements must be present?
There are a number of elements that will have to be proven to successfully litigate a lawsuit of this nature, your Chicago brain injury attorney will have to prove the following:
* Duty of care: Duty of care is a legal obligation that requires a person to exercise reasonable care so that his or her actions will not result in injury to others.
* Breach of duty: If a person or an entity should breach their duty of care they can be considered to have been negligent under the law.
* Damages: For a brain injury case to prosper, the claimant and lawyer must prove that it was the injury that resulted in damage, either economic or non-economic.
What compensation should you expect to receive?
An seasoned Chicago brain injury lawyer will fight hard for maximum compensation for his or her client, including:
* Medical bills: It goes without saying that the victim will b able to recoup all medical bills that relate directly to the injury.
* Lost income: A brain injury is serious; anyone suffering from this type of injury may lose a lot of time at work. Any lost income can be claimed, furthermore, if the injury has lifelong impact the can sue for the future loss of earning ability.
* Pain and suffering: If the injury is thought to be such that there will be long lasting emotional trauma and physical pain, the victim can sue for monetary damages.
Like all civil action there is a statute of limitations that applies, if you have suffered brain injury lose no time in contacting a Chicago brain injury lawyer.
* Causation: The negligent act must be proven to be directly responsible for causing the brain injury.
A brain injury can have serious impact on your health and well being for years to come. If you are looking for a Chicago brain injury lawyer you are invited to contact the Shea Law Group. Like us on our facebook page.
1 person likes this post.