Many people have become accustomed to seeing or hearing about nasty divorce battles playing out in the courtroom. Unfortunately, some divorcing couples believe that this is the only option available to them. While litigation is probably the way to go for couples who are hostile toward one another, there is an alternative option for those who believe that they can work together. For those former spouses who are currently weighing their options, read on to discover several reasons why seeking out an attorney who has collaborative divorce experience could be beneficial to everyone involved in the process.
* Divorce can take a serious financial toll on both former spouses. For this reason, it’s a good idea for each party to try to keep expenses down during the divorce process, and choosing collaborative divorce is one of the best ways to accomplish this. Court costs and fees may not seem very high at first, but they will add up quickly. Taking the collaborative approach often ends up being much less costly.
* Because divorces are usually emotionally draining, it’s important that former spouses work to resolve things as quickly as possible. Fortunately, collaborative divorce can help couples do just that. Because divorcees will be making the decisions about when, where, and how often to meet, there will be no waiting for time slots in busy courtrooms.
* Collaborative divorce allows each party to play an active role in the process and gives divorcing couples more control over the outcome. Having a
* Family Lawyer in Bremerton WA
* present during this process will help each person voice their concerns and know that they will be taken into consideration. Whatever happens with the final divorce decree, each party can rest assured that it’s the agreement that works best for them.
* Simply put, collaborative divorce is much less stressful than litigation. It allows former spouses to resolve things in a peaceful manner. This can be especially important with families who have children, as there will be much less stress and anxiety for them as well.
The divorce process will likely never be a breeze for anyone involved, but things can be made easier with the help of a Family Lawyer in Bremerton WA who understands the collaborative divorce process. Working together, former spouses can avoid wasting time and money and play a more significant role in creating a post-divorce life that works for everyone involved.
Be the first to like.