It is common to find an AC system installed in most homes especially during the winter. This is normally informed by the need to keep the interior temperatures bearable. The challenge however is restoring a faulty AC system. Most people do not know the process involved in carrying out HVAC Repair in San Antonio TX. The following are some helpful insights to help you know when your system needs repair:
1. Build up of mould on the coils and drain pans: This is normally caused by poor design of the system or simply poor maintenance. If the mould is not removed in good time, it could end up destroying the coils completely rendering them unusable.
2. Replacing of the air filters: For your system to continue working properly for a long time, there is a need to replace these filters frequently. The filters are prone to wearing out quickly which in turn causes the system to become inefficient. If your system has been running for many months without its filters being replaced, you can be sure that it will become inefficient soon.
3. Dust in the ducts: It would be almost impossible to ensure there are no traces of dust in the ducts of your system. If the dust is allowed to accumulate over a long period, it could eventually reduce the efficiency of your system. Regular cleaning of the ducts would be highly encouraged.
4. Treating water in the cooling towers: You need to use the right chemicals to treat the water in your cooling tower. If the water is left untreated, it could become a breeding ground for harmful micro organisms. These organisms excrete harmful chemicals that could corrode parts of your system.
5. Expert evaluation of the system: Your system should be checked by a trained professional at least twice a year. An expert can discover potential problems early enough before they wreck havoc in your system.
These are some of the common signs that your HVAC system needs repair. If you experience any difficulties using your system, you should hire a competent service provider to conduct routine maintenance of your system. You may find such a service provider to do HVAC Repair in San Antonio TX or Google+. Alternatively, visit mmweatherization.com for more details.
1 person likes this post.