Propane Gas has quickly become one of the most popular methods of heating homes across America. According to the United States Department of Energy, around 8.1 million homes use propane in some form. It can be used for gas fireplaces and as a heating and providing a reliable supply of hot water. Propane can also be used for cooking, drying clothes and for other needs in your home. If you have a propane system, it is important you follow some safety precautions so you can ensure your home is safe for you and your family.
1. Make sure you turn off all propane valves before going on vacation. Leaving your valves open could allow a gas buildup in your home. Make sure you follow your manufacturer’s instructions for insuring your gas is properly turned off.
2. When using
3. Propane Gas in Danbury CT
4. , you need to be aware of the smell of the gas so you can detect leaks. The manufacturers of propane add a special scent to the gas so it can be detected easily. This often smells like rotten eggs, dead animals or a skunk. If you smell these smells, make sure you leave the premises immediately and have a professional come out and repair the leak.
5. In rare instances, you may not be able to smell a leak when using propane. This is where having gas detectors can be a good idea. If the detector senses any propane gas in the air, it will sound an alarm just like a fire alarm does.
6. Do not allow your propane tank to go empty before having it refilled. This can lead to a build up of pressure that could cause leaks once your tank is refilled. Most propane companies will come out on a scheduled basis for refills so your tank never goes empty.
If you follow these tips, using propane in your home will allow for a clean energy source. For more information on propane gas in Danbury CT, visit Ruralgas.com. They can supply you with the propane you need so your home has the energy needed. Contact them today for more information.
1 person likes this post.