On average, 89 people are killed on American roads every day, with hundreds more being injured. There are many reasons for this startling figure, the most common being:
* Distracted drivers – talking or texting on the phone, turning round to talk to passengers, fiddling with the radio etc.
* Tired drivers – those who’ve been driving for over two hours continuously, or who are driving late at night. Medication can also cause drowsiness.
* Aggressive driving – tailgating, failing to give way, making rude gestures, slaloming in and out of lanes and ignoring traffic signs
* Impaired drivers – driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
* Bad weather – heavy rain, snow, fog, etc.
What Happens After a Car Accident?
When an accident results in fatalities or severe injuries, or if alcohol is involved, the state usually prosecutes the driver at fault. For all other accidents, unless you engage the services of a car accident attorney, you will be left to manage the damage on your own.
Do I Need a Car Accident Attorney?
If the other driver’s insurance company contacts you, the only information you have to provide is basic contact details. You shouldn’t feel pressurized into giving them details of your injuries. This is where a car accident attorney can really help you. As well as dealing with the insurance company on your behalf, he or she will also decide whether or not to proceed to court. It is often the best way to ensure you receive just compensation.
It is not worth suing for minor injuries, as the cost of your legal action will be more than the cost of treating these injuries. Injuries worth seeking compensation for include:
* Spinal cord injuries
* Head injuries
* Joint, neck, back and bone injuries
* Knee damage
* Burns and scarring
* Loss of limbs
* Permanent disability
Compensation can take many forms, including:
* Medical expenses – emergency room visits, hospital care, surgery, doctor’s visits etc.
* Future medical expenses – ongoing medical costs related to the original injury may be recovered.
* Loss of earnings – compensation for wages lost between the time of the accident and the conclusion of the lawsuit. This is separate from loss of earnings capacity, which occurs when an accident victim can prove that their earning potential has been negatively impacted by the accident.
If you are the victim of a car accident caused by the actions of another driver, you may well be entitled to compensation. Visit Sitename for more information. You can also visit their Facebook Page and find out more about their services that they offer.
1 person likes this post.