Not every cold, sore throat, sprained ankle, cut, burn, or other illness or injury has to be treated at the emergency room, or ER. Some instances of urgent care can be quickly and efficiently treated at a facility dedicated to and designed for immediate and urgent care. Immediate Care centers can handle many emergencies that people otherwise think require going to the ER.
Emergency room visits are often very costly with or without insurance coverage. A clinic that can provide immediate and urgent care is a good alternative that saves you time, money, and hassles. These facilities are also a good alternative over waiting for a doctor’s appointment for care. The following will discuss the areas of care that can be treated at these facilities.
- Physicals – D.O.T., CDL, sports, school, work, camp, or annual standard physicals
- Ear, Nose, and Throat – Ear infections, colds, the flu, cold, cough, bronchitis, pneumonia, allergies, and asthma
- Other illnesses – Nausea, vomiting, bladder infections, minor gynecological issues, and fever
- Immunizations – TB, flu, pneumonia, and tetanus shots
- Physical injuries – Sprains, strains, lacerations, burns, contusions, abrasions, abscess, fractures, dislocations, hemorrhoids, stitches, and incisions
- Tests – Blood work, x-rays, diagnostics, blood glucose levels, hemoglobin A1C checks, spirometry, EKG, and referrals
If you need any treatments for these conditions and you cannot get in to see your doctor and want to avoid the high costs of ER care, Immediate Care centers are a good alternative. These medical clinics take most major insurance coverage just like other medical facilities, making it convenient for you to save money by using your coverage. These facilities are designed to provide efficient health care treatments for a variety of illnesses and injuries to help patients avoid ER visits and wait times.
The level of medical care at clinics that provide immediate and urgent care is as high what you receive at some emergency rooms or doctor’s offices. Not all medical care that requires immediate or urgent treatments have to be provided in the emergency room. As a matter of fact, many of these illnesses and injuries can be better handled by immediate and urgent care facilities. The Midwest Express Clinic is dedicated to providing quality medical care to save you the time, hassle, and costs of ER visits.
Be the first to like.