Waters heaters are essential appliances in the home, especially during the cold season. Taking a hot shower is enjoyable during this season. Also, with hot water you are able to clean dishes and greasy clothes easily. However, you cannot enjoy these and more benefits with a faulty heater. It is good to inspect your heater on a regular basis for signs that indicate that you need Water Heaters Repair and replacement.
Signs that indicate that your heater needs repair
To ensure longevity and efficiency of your heater, you need to carry out regular maintenance. However, even with proper maintenance, you will still need repair services at some point. Here are some of the most common signs that indicate that your heater need repair:
- Cold or not-warm-enough water: this problem occurs due to a faulty thermostat or the heating element.
- Rusty color water: this could mean that the anode is getting old and needs to be replaced.
- Leaks: This should be taken care of immediately, and you should cease any use of the heater until repair is done.
- Corrosion: When you notice this, be it in the inside or outside the heater, act immediately as further delays might lead to the need of a new heater.
Signs that you need a new heater
- Increased usage: If you use a tank water heater and the members of your family have increased, you might need to replace it with a much bigger tank than the initial one. This saves a lot of energy since the water does not have to be heated occasionally.
- When the repairs become too costly and recurring: it would be cheaper to buy a new and more efficient heater which will also relieve you of a lot of headaches of having to repair your equipment now and then.
- If your heater is too old: Since nothing is made to last, water heaters also have their life span. Most residential heaters have a lifespan of five to ten years. If yours has served you more than the guaranteed period, it could be the reason it is constantly breaking down. Replacing it would be the best option at this point.
For more on Water Heaters Repair, installation and other services look no further than Allied Air Conditioning & Heating Corp. or visit the website www.alliedairheat.com. Their technicians are qualified and experienced.
Be the first to like.