Finding quality dental implants that look and feel great without breaking the bank is the goal of anyone who as bad teeth and has been told they need dental implants. The product of years of research and development within the dental field, these implants are bringing new smiles to people across the nation and across the globe as well! Whether you are looking for a dentist who can do dental implants in Thornhill ON or the surrounding area, or you are already keeping your scheduled appointments with your dental team, here are a few fun facts you might not have known about implants:
Five Fun Facts
1. Most dental implant posts are made from titanium- the same stuff they build rockets out of. The root of the tooth is replaced by a titanium peg and a porcelain cap is placed over it that looks and feels just like a real natural tooth.
2. A dental implant will not decay and it cannot get cavities, but they can become stained or chipped and need to be cared for just as you care for your natural teeth in order for them to last as long as possible for you.
3. Implants can help preserve jaw bone and promoted increased bone density and growth by ensure the jaw is still used in the area of the missing tooth or teeth.
4. By age 75, it is estimated that a quarter of the population has lost all of their teeth. A staggering 70 percent of people from age 35 to 44 are believed to missing at least one tooth.
5. Some of the first document tooth replacements are believed to have been recorded by the Mayans who attempted to replace teeth by hammering pieces of shells into the jaw to fill the hole left by the missing tooth.
Dental Help In Thornhill
Fortunately, modern implants have come a long way and today modern dental work is much safer and more effective than it was long go and we have better methods for reducing pain and discomfort and also for speeding recovery too. To learn more about what dental implants in Thornhill ON can do for you, consider making an appointment today with Dental Laboratory Associates!
Be the first to like.