Vets undergo extensive training so that they can deliver medical care to animals. If you have a new puppy or kitten, it’s important that you get a great vet for your pet’s medical needs. Find a good animal hospital in Chicago so that your pet can receive quality services. Like a family doctor, it’s great to find one professional or practice to meet all your pet’s medical need. This allows for continuity.
Good Questions to Ask When Selecting a Vet
By asking the following questions, you can make an informed decision for your pet’s care.
- Is the vet experienced? If they have a lot of experience, it is a good indication that they know what it takes to help your animal. They also more likely to have developed relevant expertise.
- Does the vet handle emergencies? It is always good to know this ahead of time, so you are prepared in case of unexpected situations. Knowing exactly where you have to go in cases of emergency can reduce stress and panic.
- What level of customer service does the team provide? Consider what your experience was like when you contacted the practice on the telephone or in person. Are the receptionists, assistants, and the vet friendly and compassionate? Do they attempt to provide answers to your questions and concerns, or are they in a rush to get you through the door? Quality service is important especially if you are looking to establish a long-term working relationship.
- What payment options do they accept? It’s always good to know this ahead of time. Do they accept cash, check, card, or pet insurance?
- What hours are they open? This is an important question to ask so that you can coordinate their schedule with your own.
If you are looking for a local vet, contact Portage Park Animal Hospital in Chicago. You can find them online at https://www.portagepark.com/.
2 people like this post.