For anyone who is contemplating dental implants may have various questions about the procedure. They may be unsure if the technique is the right solution to their problem with missing teeth. With the amount of work that has to be performed and the extensive process, they may be having second thoughts of having the procedure performed. However, if they do have questions or concerns they should speak with a dentist in Sacramento about dental implants. A professional can provide the answers that they need to feel comfortable with having the procedure completed to help provide them with a healthy smile.
The Process of Getting Implants
- The first step is meeting with a dentist to determine if dental implants are the right technique to help solve your problem with missing teeth.
- Once they select to have an artificial tooth implanted, they will be required to undergo some tests to determine where the implants can be placed at.
- A dentist will require them to have X-rays completed on their mouth to decide where the patient’s bite is at. This will help the dentist see where the new teeth will need to be placed at.
- A plan of action will be created to help determine the order that the teeth should be placed if there is more than one that is being implanted. This will help save time during the surgery by preventing any complications due to not enough room to place the implant.
- During the procedure, a metal screw is placed in the jawbone of the patient that will allow the dentist to screw the artificial tooth onto. Implants give a more natural look and feel to the teeth compared to dentures that some patients opt to have instead of the implants.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Dentist Today
If you are tired of having missing teeth that cause you discomfort and make you self-conscious, you should contact your dentist today to find out if you are a candidate for dental implants. They can provide you with the information that you need to help determine if you can benefit from the procedure. With a procedure that is practically painless, your dentist can help put your mind at ease and provide you with the advantages that the implants can provide for you. From helping keep your facial shape to providing you with a long-term solution, an expert will provide you with the comfort that you need to have the dental work performed.
If you are searching for a dentist in Sacramento for dental implants, contact The Art of Dentistry. View their website for additional information.
Be the first to like.