Moving your home and family can be an expensive and stressful undertaking. There are a lot of details that need to be worked out. One of the most important decisions you will make is who you will use for your movers. New Orleans has many moving companies to choose from so how can you make sure you hire the right ones? Here are a few things to you can do to ensure you hire the best movers.
* Ask Your Friends – one of the best ways to find a good mover is to get recommendations from your friends, family and co-workers. If your friends don’t have any suggestions look online for movers in New Orleans.
* Look Local – before you move you will need to get an in house estimate to determine how much the move will cost you. This is why it is important to find a local mover in your area.
* Screen the Movers – once you have gotten suggestions from your friends, or found a few local companies online, you will want to go online and look up the movers they have suggested. Check with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) to make sure that they have a good track record.
* Get an Estimate – the next step is to get an in home estimate on how much it will cost to move your things. Depending on how far you are moving some companies may give you a binding estimate. You can also ask the movers for a not to exceed binding estimate. This will give you the maximum amount of money you would have to pay for your move. This price is a guarantee that you can count on.
* Take Everything into Account – it is vital that you show the movers everything that you will be moving when they come for the estimate. Do not forget to show them the basement, attic, garage and even yard items that are going with you. This will ensure an accurate estimate.
* Select Your Mover – after comparing estimates and companies choose the mover you want to use and set up the moving date with them. Get a signed order for service as well as a bill of lading.
* Get the Inventory List – on moving day make sure you get a copy of the inventory list. Double check with the movers that they have the right address and directions to your new home. Get tracking information so you can keep track of where your shipment is and when it is expected to arrive.
Be the first to like.