Knowing when to seek emergency Medical Health Care is crucial for protecting a person’s health. Unfortunately, it can sometimes be difficult to gauge when a health crisis is a true medical emergency. The Centers for Disease Control offers different warning signs for children and adults. When in doubt, one should always seek prompt medical care. This information will provide people with warning signs to look for in all ages.
* Any time a person is having difficulty breathing, this constitutes a medical emergency. Labored breathing can be caused by a serious health concern and should never be ignored.
* Persistent vomiting or diarrhea, especially when accompanied by blood, should always be checked by a medical professional immediately. It is especially important to seek medical care for young children who are vomiting or have diarrhea since they can quickly become dehydrated.
* Severe dizziness can be a sign of serious problems. When a sudden onset of dizziness occurs and does not fade quickly, it behooves a person to be checked by a doctor so the cause can be found.
* Flu-like symptoms can be serious. Unfortunately, many people die of the flu each year. If one has aches, high fever, and mild congestion, they need to be checked. Small children and the elderly are at most risk for developing complications from the flu.
* Pain and pressure in the chest can signal a heart attack. Adults should never ignore pain in the chest, no matter how mild it may seem. The signs of heart attack and stroke are not always easy to pinpoint so it is best to seek medical care in case.
* Sudden mental confusion with no known cause needs to be investigated by a doctor. Mental confusion can be a sign of many health concerns so it is important the reason is found so the right treatment can be given to alleviate symptoms.
If you have any of these signs, it is crucial you seek immediate Medical Health Care. For more information, contact Allegheny Medical. They provide the expansive medical services their patients need, including urgent and emergency medical care. Call today for further information. You can also connect with them on Facebook for more updates.
Be the first to like.