Drug addiction is a chronic disorder that if left unchecked will result in harmful consequences to body and mind. Drug addiction is also a disease which can be relapsing so constant awareness is required long after undergoing drug rehab treatment in New Jersey.
Drug addiction starts as a voluntary act, over time taking the addictive substance is no longer done at will and as a result one’s ability to choose between taking the drug and not taking it is no longer an option. Seeking a source and taking the drug is now a compulsion.
Is it possible to treat drug addiction?
Yes, drug addiction can be treated but it is not easy. As addiction to drugs is a chronic condition it is not possible to stop consumption and in two or three days be cured. There is a need for long term care to end the addiction and return to a normal life. To be effective, drug treatment must help the addict to:
* Stop the use of the substance
* Stay drug free, and
* Return to a productive life
How is drug rehab treatment in New Jersey carried out?
There are several steps that must be taken to ensure success:
* Detox: This is always the first step; it involves complete abstinence from the drug, ridding the effects of it. This stage can be fraught with difficulties and should always be done while under the care of a professional.
* Behavioral counseling
* Medication if found to be helpful or necessary
* Evaluation and treatment of any mental health issues that co-occur with the addiction
* Long term follow-up
A tailored plan for drug rehab treatment in New Jersey along with long term follow-up is one of the factors that are most critical for success. Treatment must focus on the physical and the mental state of the patient.
Be the first to like.