There are a number of signs of foundations issues that are quite obvious. Issues such as a floor that is slanted is not the result of anything but a foundation problem. However, there are also a number of issues that may not be as obvious and, as a result, professional House Foundation Repair in Houston TX, will be needed to ensure a problem is identified and repaired in a timely manner.
Foundation Problems Causes
A problem with the foundation of a home can be the result of a number of issues, but the underlying cause is typically the instability of the soil beneath the home. The soil can rise and sink unevenly, which causes the house to move along with it. The most common reasons a homeowner will need House Foundation Repair in Houston TX include:
1. Plumbing leaks under the slab
2. Inadequate compression of the soil
3. Clay soils that continually shrinks and swells when exposed to water
Specific Signs of Foundation Issues
In most cases, foundation issues will be seen in the home’s floor, the walls, or some other part of the structure. It may also be noticeable on the interior or exterior of a home. If the following issues are recognized, it is essential to call a professional.
1. Issues opening, latching, or closing windows and doors
2. Uneven or slanted floors
3. Separation between the floor or ceiling and walls
4. Uneven posts or puddles of water present in the crawl space or basement
5. Cracks present in the bricks on the exterior of the home
6. Cracks or curls in the sheetrock, wallpaper or caulking
Repair for the Foundation
The sooner that a foundation issue is discovered, the better the outcome will be. Having the foundation repaired can be quite effective and will help to prevent additional damage to the home’s frame. After it is repaired, the home will regain its full market value, which makes this a smart investment.
For more information about foundation repair services, read full info here. Being informed and aware of an issue is half the battle. Take the time to find the best solution to ensure the foundation does not cause more issues down the road.
Be the first to like.