Protecting the planet is one thing, but having the ability to do so while also saving money is even better. Solar power is one of the most promising and exciting technologies available today. This industry is not new, but has been slowly and quietly perfecting itself for decades. Its recent emergence into mainstream society is due in large part to the realization of the depletion of fossil fuels and fears of global warming. If you are interested in learning more about solar power, here are some facts you may not know.
- Solar Power has been used every day since the earth began. After all, it is the sun which gives energy to all life on the planet.
- California is the proud owner of the world’s largest solar power plant. It is located in the Mojave Desert and covers 1000 acres.
- Solar panels use the photoelectric effect to create energy. By understanding and describing this process, Albert Einstein earned himself a Nobel Prize in 1921.
- In one hour on any average day, the sun produces enough energy to power all of the world’s energy needs for an entire year.
- Solar power has been in use on space vehicles since the 1950s.
- The average consumer is expected to save an approximate $20,000 over 20 years after installing solar panel systems on their homes. This savings takes into account the initial purchase and installation costs as well.
- The use of solar energy has increased around the world approximately 20 percent every year for the last fifteen years.
Converting a home to solar power does mean an initial investment, and while this investment can seem costly, it is an investment which will show a return very quickly. The federal government offers rebates on solar panel installations and some states offer their own programs as well. When you factor in what you can save with solar, it become apparent how financially beneficial the panels are.
If you are interested in learning more about Solar Panels in Murrieta CA, Mac Solar Power can answer all of your questions. As an experienced solar contractor they are able to help you understand how solar power can help you and your family save money while you save the earth.
Be the first to like.