Making the choice between sending your dog to dog daycare in Ft. Lauderdale or hiring a pet care specialist to watch or walk your dog depends primarily on the needs of your canine.
Ft. Lauderdale dog daycares offer your dog the chance to interact with humans and other dogs when they would otherwise be left at home alone. It is a great way to socialize your animal, alleviate their boredom, help treat separation anxiety, and more.
There are a number of reputable, professional dog daycare facilities in Ft. Lauderdale. Before choosing one, here are a few questions that you should be asking the daycares in your consideration;
1. Can I tour the facility?
2. What is the dog-to-human ratio?
3. How are the dogs grouped? (size, age, activity level?)
4. What happens if a dog misbehaves?
5. What happens in the event of a medical emergency?
6. What activities will my dog engage in during the day?
7. What are the prices and package options?
8. Will my dog have both indoor and outdoor access?
9. What are your vaccination and health requirements?
In-home pet care specialists offer companionship in the comfort of your dog’s own home. They will provide essential walking services to ensure your animal gets enough exercise. Pet Sitters are a great idea over daycare if you have a dog who does not get along well with other animals, or doesn’t travel well.
When considering inviting a pet sitter into your home, considerations need to be made for both the safety of your pet and the security of your home. Some possible queries that should be asked of any pet sitter;
1. How long have you been a pet sitter?
2. What types of activities will you provide my pet?
3. Have you received any training relevant to this position?
4. What services are you able to provide?
5. Do you have a contract?
6. Are you insured and bonded?
7. Can you provide references?
8. How many other animals are you currently caring for?
9. What is the cost?
Choosing a pet sitter vs. a dog daycare in Ft. Lauderdale is a choice that depends highly on the type of dog you have, the type of care you hope your pet receives, and your budget. Either option can prove to be highly beneficial. They offer your canine exercise, socialization and care while you are away. And when in doubt on which choice to make, ask you dog!
Furry Paws FTL is a Premier Ft. Lauderdale dog daycare that will provide him with all of the fun and excitement he wants along with the love, affection and attention he needs while you’re away.
Be the first to like.