When a slip and fall occurs, a person can hold the property owner responsible. Slip and falls can cause major injuries that may affect a person for the rest of their life. In some cases, a person becomes injured for life and they are no longer able to work or support themselves. When a serious injury results from a slip and fall, it is important one hires a slip and fall attorney. They can help a victim make sense of their claim so they will know the necessary steps to pursuing their injury claim.
There are a few areas one must prove in a slip and fall claim:
* The property owner must have been aware of the issue that caused the fall, yet failed to take care of it. This means they did not maintain their property and kept it safe.
* The property owner must have directly caused the slip and fall by leaving a dangerous obstacle in the path of visitors. Though they knew their actions could cause injury, they did not take care of the obstacle.
* The obstacle must have been in place long enough so that any reasonable person would have recognized it and remediated the situation.
* The property owner may have a log of checking their property for hazardous conditions. If a log is present, the plaintiff will need to prove the proper inspections were not being carried out.
* An attorney will help an injured person determine whether or not poor lighting or visibility were factors in causing the slip and fall.
* The insurance company or the jury will work to determine if the obstacle could have been handled in a safer method so injuries would not occur.
The main issue in pursuing a slip and fall claim is proving the injured party did not cause their accident. The defendant will do their best to try and argue the plaintiff was totally or at least partially responsible for the accident.
If you are facing a serious slip and fall injury and are in need of a slip and fall attorney, visit Nettleslawfirm.com. This site will offer you plenty of information so you can make a sound decision on pursuing your injury claim.
Be the first to like.