At least 40 million Americans each year suffer from chronic sleep disorders, and 20 million experience occasional sleep problems. Chiropractic medicine can help people who suffer from Sleep Apnea in Ft Campbell. Of the 70 known sleep disorders, the most common are:
1. Insomnia, the most widespread sleep disorder, is characterized by the inability to sleep or waking up during the night and have trouble falling asleep again.
2. Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) is a sleep disorder that can be fatal and in which breathing stops during sleep. Approximately 7.5 million Americans suffer from OSA.
3. Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS) is a neurological disorder in which unpleasant sensations in the legs and an irresistible craving experienced move.
4. Narcolepsy is a chronic disorder characterized by excessive and overwhelming daytime sleepiness, even after adequate night time sleep. Daytime sleep issues attack with or without notice, which may result in uncontrollable accidents.
5. Most people struggling with sleep disorders use non-prescription drugs. These drugs have side effects and will never correct the cause.
People spend about one third of their lives sleeping. However, people know very little about the importance of sleep. Even scientists do not fully understand the function of sleep. They agree, however, that it is absolutely essential for good physical and mental health and for a person’s survival. Sleep Apnea in Ft Campbell creates an overwhelming, and sometimes uncontrollable urge to sleep and affects virtually all physiological functions. Sleepiness is associated with difficulty concentrating and structuring complex thoughts in memory lapses, loss of energy, fatigue, lethargy, physical disability and emotional instability. Approximately 65,000 accidents every year are the result of drivers who have “fallen asleep at the wheel”.
The functions of various systems are associated with sleep cycles, such as the endocrine (hormone secretion), the renal system (blood filtering) and digestion. Studies show that sleep deprivation affects the immune system negatively. Furthermore, sleep loss may alter temperature regulation and increase the risk of various physical and mental disorders. Clinical trials and case studies document the improvement in patients with sleep disorders after receiving chiropractic upper cervical care. Visit ftcampbellchiro.com or contact your local Chiropractor for more details.
Get more information here!
Be the first to like.